[mythtv-users] Getting rid of non-existent recordings...

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 19:14:18 UTC 2006

I backed up my database when I upgraded to MythTV 0.20.  However, I managed
to delete a recording after I did the backup.  Now, the system is totally
confused because the database implies the recording is there but it isn't on
the disk.

How do I correct this.  I looked at the contrib directory and there are two
scripts (one called rebuild and the called optimize) that seem to do
something to the database.  I read the rebuild script but that seems to be
more about restoring things to the database (based on the presences of a
video file, not the absence).  Does this work for my case as well?  If not,
what can I do?

I ask because my log is constantly showing errors related to this and I
don't like to clutter the logs with error messages (harder to spot real
errors).

--
Mike