[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 20 17:24:49 UTC 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 8:13 AM, Marco Nelissen wrote:

>> On 11/20/06, Andrew Wilson <migmog at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The devs have got other priorities. If I had more time and skills
>>> maybe I'd have a go myself, but it seems to be a hard problem to
>>> solve
>>> or someone would have done so already.  Having said that, it's
>>> head in
>>> the sand stuff to say that there's not a shortcoming in this area.
>>>

>> Where exactly are people saying there is no shortcomming in this
>> area? What
>> I see is people saying it's not a problem for them, it's not a
>> priority for
>> the devs, and it's not easy to fix without removing other
>> functionality.
>
> That last statement is of course false. It can be fixed without
> removing
> functionality. Also, what's missing in your list is "experienced users
> don't use the live TV feature", implying that the person having the
> problem
> is a clueless n00b and should just do what everyone else does.

No one said it can't be fixed.  "...and it's not easy to fix without
removing other functionality."
Only inexperienced users start this thread as has been evidenced over
and over again.
I see you're in the SF Bay Area. If you had been at all understanding
in your remarks, accusations, etc. I would have invited you over to
see my setup and experience SD and HD channel changes in about 2
seconds which we have all agreed is "normal" and "acceptable".
However, it appears from your remarks on the list that it would just
lead to and argument I'm not willing to have.