[mythtv-users] 720p harder to decode than 1080i?

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 17:04:20 UTC 2006

On 11/20/06, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> From
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/175520#175520>:
>
>     * Digital non-HDTV channels generate the smallest files at about
>       900-1000MB/hour for a movie channel and up to 1200MB/hour for a
>       cartoon (with probably a lower-quality feed).
>     * Analog channels such as TCM generate about 2900MB/hour due to
>       the extra noise. HDTV movie channels generate about
>       4400MB-4700MB/hour.
>     * A high-bandwidth HDTV channel generates 7400-7700MB/hour . . .
>     * Except for ABC and Fox whose 720p programs record at about
>       5.8GB/hour.

Thanks! Now, I have to see why XvMC just doesn't like me. I have a
6200TC, which seems to be supported (according to threads here), and
when enabled, I get the B&W OSD. But, unfortunately, no CPU usage
reduction -- still stuttering hard on the high-bandwidth HDTV that CBS
seems to be putting out.

If you have any input, I'd love to hear it. Thanks Mr. Lee.

--
Mark L. Chang