[mythtv-users] Networked MythTV system

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 14:59:43 UTC 2006

> Since you have PVR 350's, you don't really need the XvMC video cards
> either, as you can just use the built in MPEG2 decoding onboard.  I have
> used a P3 500 with a PVR 350 and had no apparent problems with speed.  (I
> don't think it matters, but my videos are stored across the network via an
> NFS share).

True, though keep in mind that, AFAIK, video output for the PVR 350s may not
be supported in the future (currently I don't believe anyone is working on
it, and so unless someone steps up, it'll go unsupported).  I could be
wrong, though, so it's something to check in to.

It also depends on if you want to set up slave backends, or just throw
everything in one big master.  I went with the latter option, since that
means I don't need coax at any of the frontends.  But with those 350s, slave
backends are certainly something to consider.

Brett.