[mythtv-users] Networked MythTV system

Minh Duong minh_duong at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 13:44:57 UTC 2006

Currently I have two MythTV standalone systems.  It's
works fine because I only need to use on two TVs.  Now
it appears that I may need up to 4 TVs and I don't
want to build 4 independent systems.

What have others done to develop a network at home?  I
am  running Cat5 through the house so networking
should not be an issue.

In terms of hardware, should I try to get an xBox or
get XvMc capable video cards?  My current inventory of
computers:

2 PIII 800s
1 AMD 1.1 GHz Athlon
1 AMD 800MHz
2 PVR 350s
2 GeForce 5200s

In terms of hard drives, should I use SATA instead of
PATA?  I plan to use Raid 10.  Are there any issues
when trying to record and play multiple streams?  Can
a recording be accessed by two or more TVs?  Thanks
for any advice you can give.