[mythtv-users] Stuck at 640x480 after isntalled Axel's kernel modules

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Nov 20 12:14:53 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 08:23:02PM -0500, Matt Emmott wrote:
> I just installed FC6 on a fresh system following Jarrod's updated guide. I'm
> running a Chaintech GeForce FX 5200 AGP video card. After the initial
> install, I was stuck at either 640x480 or 800x600, but I plugged on, hoping
> all the driver updates would give me a higher resolution.

> One thing I noticed was that Axel's xorg.conf was a big minimal, and
> after further inspection it turned out that my own xorg.conf was a
> bit minimal.

That's normal for FC6. I suggest to setup the resolution with Red
Hat's tools (system-config-display) using the nv driver, e.g. not the
closed sources ones. Then after all is fine you simply reinstall the
nvidia drivers from ATrpms and check the new xorg.conf file.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net