[mythtv-users] Is transcoding livetv really necessary?

Lord Darkhelmet lord_darkhelmet at accesscomm.ca
Mon Nov 20 01:49:37 UTC 2006

I would like to know what you have your capture and transcoding settings
at if you don't mind sharing.   Currently I capture 640x480 with a
bitrate of 4500.  This yields about 2.2gb per hour.  If I then transcode
to 640x480 with a 2200 bitrate, it cuts an hour down to 750mb but really
hurts the picture quality.

Thanks.
Dean.