[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Nov 19 22:48:38 UTC 2006

Dag Nygren wrote:
>> Well, people who aren't seeing the problem can't exactly troubleshoot
>> it, can they?
>>

> Exactly! That is why we need cooperation. (If  this is a real problem for
> many users)
>
> At the moment in our family I can live with browse mode, but my young boy
> that cannot read yet is unable to use that to find his favorite cartoon
> show. My wife can stand browse mode and my girl is fine with it, so go figure.

I hate to ask but why in the world would you prefer your kids browsing
through LiveTV?  I record everything and anything I deem appropriate for
my kids and I have a macro button on my remote that powers everything on
and filters the Watch Recordings group to only their shows and they can
scroll up/down the list to find whatever they want to watch.  This is
far preferable to grandma's house where they watch whatever is on PBS or
grandma can find.

Kevin