[mythtv-users] DVB-T UK PAL Commercial Detection

malcolm torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 16:34:38 UTC 2006

Thanks Jack,

from this straw poll of 2, commercial detection in the UK doesn't work
very well.

However, simple inspection of a program in slow mo. shows there aren't
many blank frames before the commercials so t hats one reason.
Logo detection doesn't work at all as I presume the semi transparent
logo [for ITV3 for example] don't meet the requirements even though
they are obvious to the human eye.

It looks like I need to do some more research and may need to write my
own convolver!!
Please post if you are in the UK and have found any positive results
with commercial detection.