[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.2 for Windows

Mikkel Stensgaard mikkel at sudu.dk
Sun Nov 19 13:47:04 UTC 2006

Paul Harvey wrote:
> On 11/18/06, Marko Nurmenniemi <marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
>
>> mythtv at shelfspace.com wrote:

>> I just downloaded the 0.3.1 and have been testing it with XP SP2.
>> Works like a charm.
>>
>> Windows is on a laptop and connected with a 11Mbps WLAN.
>> Network utilization is at 40% without excess buffering, besides the
>> starting naturally.
>>
>> One minor issue was obvious and maybe this needs to be in the forums also.
>> Actually should be now...
>> There is a problem with some characters (atleast äÄöÖ).
>>
>> -M
>>

> I agree, looks like a good start... I found one enhancement that would
> be nice, and one thing I would consider a problem.
>
> It would be nice to add deinterlace as an option, really noticeable
> watching sporting events...
>
> And I like to do other things while watching recordings, so having the
> sound stop when MythTV Player loses focus is in my opinion a bug.

All three issues are on my TODO list.
- At the moment utf8 characters are not supported. As I am Danish, I
have the same problem as we have 3 non-english letters. It is not top
priority as it is not a show stopper :)
- That sound stops when windows is not focused is a "feature" of the SDL
library that I use for sound. I am pretty sure I can fix it by some
patching. I will look into this at some point not to far in the future.
- De-interlazing would be nice!, but it requires a lot of work. I want
to have the basic functionallity up running first. Such as live-tv. My
plan is to integrate filters from the DSCaler project if their License
allow it, but it is a bit into the future.

\Mikkel