[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Sun Nov 19 10:28:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, November 19, 2006 11:21, David Brodbeck wrote:
> Dag Nygren wrote:
>> What I am looking for is a real discussion about where the problem might
>> be. Not just the standard:
>> It is not a problem for me and for most of the users so there is no
>> problem.
>>

> Well, people who aren't seeing the problem can't exactly troubleshoot
> it, can they?
>
> What I'm hearing are a bunch of people who are unhappy with a small
> detail of a rather sophisticated piece of software they got for FREE,
> and they're whining loudly in the hopes that someone else will fix it
> for them for FREE, all the while refusing to put any effort into it
> themselves.
>
> Now, I recognize that not everyone has the time to learn how to code.
> The Asterisk project dealt with this with the concept of bounties.
> Someone (often a business, in the case of Asterisk) who badly needed a
> feature would put up a monetary reward, so it was worthwhile for a coder
> to work on it.  You have to be reasonable with your expectations,
> though.  If the bugfix or feature is going to take a few hours to code
> and test, you're probably looking at a couple hundred dollars at least
> before it'll be worth someone's while to stop working on other paying
> gigs.

Another system that often works is how it is done with Wine...

People add their requests, and the bounty they'd be willing to pay, and
others that want the same can add their own bounties to those requests.
That way the bounties can really add up, even when single persons only
have a small amount to spend on a feature bounty...

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250