[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.2 for Windows

Paul Harvey paul.l.harvey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 06:25:45 UTC 2006

On 11/18/06, Marko Nurmenniemi <marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> mythtv at shelfspace.com wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Mikkel Bystrup Stensgaard wrote:
> >

> >> Hi fellow MythTv users.
> >>
> >> After a lot of feedback from helpful users and bug fixing, "MythTv Player"
> >> seems to be rather stable and I just upload the first 0.2 "stable" release to
> >> the webpage.
> >> http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/
> >>
> I just downloaded the 0.3.1 and have been testing it with XP SP2.
> Works like a charm.
>
> Windows is on a laptop and connected with a 11Mbps WLAN.
> Network utilization is at 40% without excess buffering, besides the
> starting naturally.
>
> One minor issue was obvious and maybe this needs to be in the forums also.
> Actually should be now...
> There is a problem with some characters (atleast äÄöÖ).
>
> -M

I agree, looks like a good start... I found one enhancement that would
be nice, and one thing I would consider a problem.

It would be nice to add deinterlace as an option, really noticeable
watching sporting events...

And I like to do other things while watching recordings, so having the
sound stop when MythTV Player loses focus is in my opinion a bug.

--
I have Gmail invites... Email me if you want one!