[mythtv-users] lirc woes, again

MLT mstruscott at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 19 06:21:13 UTC 2006

I have an ongoing lirc problem and also with my pitiful attempt to sort it.

I am using a twinhan remote with a usb dev/input/eventx receiver.  It works
well except the fast forward/right control tries to do five presses at once
which usually crashes the frontend and is therefore useless.  I have tried to
solve it by changing the number in the section marked repeat but no luck.  Is
there anything worth trying?

I tried to use the remote that came with my leadtek card (I tried its reciever
but that's another story) using irrecord.  It produces various characters
when pressing an arbitrary button but then says:

irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

and exits.

Irrecord also is doing that with the twinhan remote - which is weird as I have
made it work using a previous installation using the same commands.

I am confused - is there something obvious I have missed?

Michael