[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Viitasaari public at viitasaari.ca
Sat Nov 18 23:44:46 UTC 2006

I can't help getting political at this point but I need to get one more
point in.

How does the prevailing attitude on this thread serve the open source
movement?

I mean I have already moved my Myth box over to a spot on my receiver
which will see very little use and have been shopping around for a TIVO
like PVR to tide me over until (if) MythTV works for me.

I understand that people who use MythTV love it for what it is however,
if a person comes up with a suggestion which will give MythTV everything
to gain and nothing to lose then what harm is there in considering it?

And this is coming from someone who might have something to contribute
to MythTV so you can imagine how the prevailing attitudes here would
affect someone who doesn't know a kernel from a compiler.

Best Regards, Hedghog