[mythtv-users] OT: joining split avi files

mythtv.20061113 at tilion.org mythtv.20061113 at tilion.org
Sat Nov 18 23:17:12 UTC 2006

netw1z wrote:
> Anyone have some recommendation on what to use to join split avi files
> under windows or linux?

Hi,

This is my first post to this list after spending the last few weeks
building a mythtv system using three debian unstable boxes.  Still an
ongoing project but I am very impressed.  Very usable but I am now
recording far more tv then I will ever get round to watching.

Anyway not to stray off topic the commands I use are:

cat example1.avi example2.avi > tempfile.avi

and then to get the sound and video in sync:

mencoder -forceidx -oac copy -ovc copy tempfile.avi -o outfile.avi

Regards,

Gary