[mythtv-users] Setting a channel to prefer a tuner or how to remove static

Chris Moewes-Bystrom chris.moewes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 23:16:31 UTC 2006

I have 2 pvr-150 in my system and for some reason one of them display
channels 2-4 with static and the other doesn't. I have tried swapping
the cables and the outputs from the splitter and nothing seems to
change the quality.

So, 2 questions. Any thoughts on why one tuner card would have static
and the other not? I guess I haven't tried switching the pci slot they
are in but I can't imagine that would be a problem. Is there to
confirm that they are using the same freq's? What might be the cause
of this problem?

If no answer to the first question, is there a way to make recording
on those channels prefer one tuner vs the other? I know it is an
option at the recording level, but is there a way to do this at the
channel level so I don't always have to remember to set it?

--
Christopher Moewes-Bystrom
www.moewes.com
chris.moewes at gmail.com