[mythtv-users] OT: joining split avi files

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 21:57:14 UTC 2006

On 11/18/06, Mudit Wahal <mwahal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe mencoder can merge files too.
> mencoder *.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -o output.avi
>
> You may need -idx option to recreate the index file.
>
> On 11/18/06, netw1z <netw1z at mod.net> wrote:
> > Anyone have some recommendation on what to use to join split avi files
> > under windows or linux?

I've found avidemux to be the best for merging avi's. Here's the command I use:

avidemux --audio-map --force-b-frame --force-unpack --rebuild-index
<first file> --audio-map --force-b-frame --force-unpack
--rebuild-index <second file> (repeat as necesary) --save <outputfile>
--quit

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!