[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Nov 18 21:14:19 UTC 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Viitasaari wrote:

> Just for the record, a channel change for me takes a total of 8
> seconds
> with what appears to be a 50/50 split between what Myth is doing and
> what LIRC is doing.
>
> There is no getting around the 4 seconds it takes transmit to my STB
> however, I feel there is something that can be done about the 4
> seconds
> that MythTV takes to do it's thing.
>
> Hedghog

Try modifying your channel change script. Your STB might be able to
handle channel changes faster than the script is sending information.
There is a wait time between commands. Try reducing it until you get
better speed/just as reliable changes. I reduced the time it takes to
send a channel to my STB down to about 1 second.