[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sat Nov 18 20:34:58 UTC 2006

Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> Seriously - 2-3 seconds for MOST users. If you are experiencing more,
>> you have an issue that is not related to the MythTV software. That's
>> why this discussion never goes anywhere except on and on and on in
>> circles.
>
> Why do you keep saying that the issue is not related to the mythtv
> software, when I've already mentioned several times that other
> software on the SAME HARDWARE changes channels much faster?

Do you have any software profiling traces on your system to show where
the problem is happening? Do you know that the other software and MythTV
are using all the same software and libraries except for the MythTV
software? Do you know that the other software and MythTV make use of the
same features of your hardware?

If not, then your assumption that it is a problem with MythTV is just an
assumption.

Since the same version of MythTV works for others, it is equally (or
maybe even more) likely that the problem is with either other
software/libraries on your system or with your hardware.