[mythtv-users] Slave Backend not Connecting - Command Line works

Joel Turner jturner421 at aol.com
Sat Nov 18 20:13:01 UTC 2006

I'm running Ubuntu Dapper on a combined FE/Master BE and on a slave
backend that I plan to use for commercial flagging and some post
video processing.  I am unable to connect the slave backend to the
master. I'm stumped at this point as I believe I've properly set
permissions in Mysql as per the instructions in section 6.2.  The
command I used was:
grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.0.%" identified by
"mythtv";
flush privileges;

I can connect via the command line from the slave using: mysql -h
"host name" -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg.  Contents of the
mysql.txt file on the master and the slave are:

DBHostName=192.168.0.102
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg
DBType=QMYSQL3

I have verified that Mysql is not running on the slave backend. I
have verified that the correct IP address is being used on the master
backend in mythtv-setup. When running mythtv-setup on the slave, I
get a cannot connect to the database message.

Anybody have any suggestions as I'm stumped?