[mythtv-users] MythStream/Mplayer and Real Media Codecs

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 05:17:20 UTC 2006

I have been having some really bad pixellation issues with some video
streams in MythStream - so bad that it's pretty muich unwatchable.
Fortunately the source offers Real media as well as Windows media so
I've updated my parser to use the Real streams. But when I try to
watch them I find that the Mplayer can't find any Real codecs. I had
thought it would do it out of the box but obviously not. What packages
do I need to install to get this working? I can't actually find any
Real Player rpms for FC5.

Also a question about mplayer - if you press D on a stream it pops up
a Debug window with all sorts of output. But I cannot for the life of
me work out how to close that window. Does anyone know how?

Regards,
Phill