[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Viitasaari public at viitasaari.ca
Fri Nov 17 22:53:00 UTC 2006

So this is what you folks are proposing for the channel surfer:

SYSTEM SET-UP
-Feed your TV signal into the TV/SAT input on your A/V Receiver
-Feed your Video/VCR/DVR output on your A/V Receiver into the TV-Tuner
on your MythBox
-Feed your Video Card/Sound Card output on your MythBox into the
Video/VCR/DVR input on your A/V Reciever
-Do your A/V feed out from your receiver accordingly
-Fire everything up and select the the Video/VCR/DVR source on your
receiver.
-Fire up MythTV and start watching TV (On most receivers you won't get a
feed unless you switch to a different source)

USE-CASE FOR CHANNEL SURFING
-Select the TV/SAT source on your A/V Receiver and surf to your hearts
content

A USE-CASE FOR PAUSING & PLAYING TV
-Your surfing to your hearts content
-The phone rings
-You press pause
-You finish talking to the pesky telemarketter
-Make a decision whether what you where watching was any good or not.
-If it was good do something else until its over and then select the
Video/VCR/DVR source on your A/V Receiver and finish watching it
-If it was not good select the Video/VCR/DVR source on your A/V Receiver
and un-pause and fast-forward what was recorded until it has caught up.
-Switch back to your TV/SAT source and surf to your hearts content

Best Regards, Hedgehog