[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 22:26:53 UTC 2006

On 11/18/06, Viitasaari <public at viitasaari.ca> wrote:

> I know everyone has their own ideas regarding the definition of a PVR
> and a DVR and correct me if I am wrong but the use case for a PVR would
> be as follows:
>
> User happily watching TV.
> User is distracted by an event in his/her living space(phone ringing,
> soup boiling over etc.)
> User pauses TV
> User deals with distraction
> User un-pauses TV
> User subsequently fast-forwards through the commercials.

I think this is only the usage pattern for people who are just starting to
use systems with integrated EPGs like MythTV and Tivo. After a matter of
weeks or months I expect most users would watch very little live and just
record everything for latter viewing. That's certainly been my experience.

Cheers,
Steve