[mythtv-users] Understanding audio rates

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 14:07:17 UTC 2006

> If it's the captures, an ALSA configuration won't help.  It it's
> playback, it will.  So, since audio is bad in the recording, there's no
> need to worry about the ~/.asoundrc.
>
> Mike

OK, after determining that in fact it was the recording profiles that
was causing the bad audio, I went through the source code and came up
with a customized MythTV build.  It allows for 3 instances of a V4L
capture card.  I have them named as:

'Software Encoders (v4l based)'
'Software Encoders (v4l 32KHZ based)'
'Software Encoders (v4l 48KHZ based)'

Now, when I set up my capture cards, I have the option to choose any
of these 3 as the card type for my V4L cards.  This allows me to have
separate recording profiles for each of my V4L based cards so that I
can compensate for the difference in audio sample rates.

I have created the relevant diff files and if someone cares to take a
look and see if I may have broken anything in the process (all
recordings appear to be going fine) I would be grateful.

http://www.flyingsawdust.com/media/mythtv/