[mythtv-users] Kernel 2.6.18-2, what else must also be upgraded

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 09:53:01 UTC 2006

> I am asking what modules I should be considering.
> Besides the ones I have mentioned, I am not certain which other modules I
> need to consider.
>
> Is there a way I can get a list of all the modules the kernel is using?
> I am pretty new to Linux, so I did a:
>        cat /etc/modules

Most kernel specific modules will come with the kernel.

For mythtv the only other ones I've had to worry about are:

nvidia
ivtv
lirc
alsa

all of which have kmdl somewhere in their package name.  If you've
installed from rpms then

# rpm -qa | grep kmdl

will provide a list of what you've installed, and will have to upgrade.

If you've compiled them yourself then I think it's up to you to remember.