[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.2 for Windows

Mikkel Bystrup Stensgaard mikkel at sudu.dk
Fri Nov 17 08:41:29 UTC 2006

Hi fellow MythTv users.

After a lot of feedback from helpful users and bug fixing, "MythTv
Player" seems to be rather stable and I just upload the first 0.2
"stable" release to the webpage.
http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/

What does it do?:
The player connects to a backend and let you browse through your
recordings from Windows, and of course play em. It is fully
self-consistent and does not require any external codecs which has
always caused me a lot of trouble.
It supports buffering as my wireless network can be quite unstable.
It is not meant as a replacement for the MythTv Frontend!, but simply as
a small player for a PC and is not meant for televisions. I use it to
watch TV on my computer while working on other things, but it can also
be used in fullscreen.
It IS far from feature complete and userfriendly, and it will probably
never be :)

This also allowed me to upload the a new test version 0.3.1 with new
features.
Version 0.3.1 contains many changes, but the major ones are Bookmark and
Commercial breaks which are loaded from the Backend.
It could really need some testing and feedback :)

Besides commercial breaks, I am currently working on LiveTv. This is
really why I started the player and I hope to get it up running within
this year.

Enjoy

\Mikkel