[mythtv-users] HDTV success

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 05:09:06 UTC 2006

Just wanted to report out since this list has helped me so much.

Short story:
Myth + HDTV + Remote + LCD == Happiness.

Long story:
System: Dell E521, Athlon64 3200+, 512MB, 80G
Tuner: HDHomeRun
Video: XFX 6200TC w/128MB
OS: Ubuntu Edgy

* Installed Ubuntu Server AMD 64 w/LCD monitor
* installed binary nvidia xorg drivers
* installed mythtv as per the Ubuntu wiki
* brought up the HDHomeRun as per their forum posts (after a firmware update)
* no xvmc, simple deinterlacing with kernel (not bob)
* put in the xmltvids into all channels I get OTA
* hooked up DVI to Sharp Aquos TV
* simply used a 1280x768 setting and turned on dot/dot and voila,
we're running great
* hdhomerun's IR receiver over UDP to myth with a Tivo series 2 remote
works great

recorded some programs tonight and watched a dvd.

so awesome. i am in awe.

--
Mark L. Chang