[mythtv-users] Changing window focus with remote?

Andrew Codrington acodring at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 04:34:28 UTC 2006

Anyone had any luck changing window focus from mythfrontend to another app, and back again just using the remote control?

I've taken a few runs at editing lircrc to assign ALT-TAB to a button, but so far nothing has worked.

This was the last attempt:

begin
prog = irxevent
button = Home
# repeat = 3
config = Key Alt-Tab RootWindow
end

My system started out as MythDora 2.x so I have Xfce4 window manager running on FC4. Remote works great with myth and with xine when myth spawns it. I have a Microsoft MCE remote.

I'm not stuck on ALT-TAB if someone has had better luck another approach - like maybe changing to a specific window handle.

Reason I (think I) need this is I run softsqueeze on the same machine as myth, connected to a separate sound card from myth. Normally I drive softsqueeze through the web interface, but now and then it would be nice to quickly drive it from the TV screen.

I can use the keyboard to ALT-TAB to softsqueeze, do whatever I'm going to do, then ALT-TAB back to myth, but it's a pain to go find the keyboard, especially if the phone's already rung 3 times and all I want to do is pause it... It takes long enough to find the phone!

I've seen other lircrc files that have buttons defined for both softsqueeze and myth together but so far all have assumed myth is spawning softsqueeze temporarily and haven't dealt with switching window focus like I'm hoping to do.

--
Andrew