[mythtv-users] DataDirect data incomplete?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 03:32:50 UTC 2006

On 11/16/06, Fred Oliver <foliver at net1plus.com> wrote:

> DataDirect program guide downloads have been working will until today.
> The files being downloaded today contain very few (8?) programs on a shopping channel.
>
> It seems to be that zap2it.com access is not working correctly.
> Does anyone know what is going on?
>
> Fred

Happened to me too.

I signed into my account on labs.zap2it.com, and found that one of my
channel line-ups had been corrupted.  Only about 10% of the channels
where showing up.  I actually had to delete the line-up and re-create
it, to get all the channels back.

Unfortunately, it was my OTA HD line-up, and I made the mistake of
giving mythfilldatabase the "--do-channel-updates" option trying to
get my database updated.  Result was the atsc_major_chan and
atsc_minor_chan columns had incorrect values in them.

Myth tried to start recording one of the shows before I could get
those database columns corrected, and now I cannot get it to "stop"
the recording so I can restart it.  Myth knows the tuner is not in
use, but insists that show is recording anyway.  I don't want to
restart mythbackend because it is successfully recording a couple of
other programs.

John