[mythtv-users] New data not being inserted in guide

Rajiv Ranjan rranjan7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:17:54 UTC 2006

I got my mythv setup working since last month using Jarod's guide but
decided to use the mythsetup option to insert guide data rahter that having
a cron job as suggested in Jarod's guide.

The problem is, in the System Status section, it shows that the database
fill task did run, but no new data gets inserted in the database. I am not
sure what is going on. Can someone plese help me? If I try to run
mythfilldatabase from terminal, I get UnAuthorized access message on the
screen. But in mythsetup, I can retrieve the channel line up correctly using
my username and password. To me it rules out the possibility of bad username
and password in the myth setup.

What am I missing?

thanks !