[mythtv-users] Enhancement request: Multiple fast forward/rewind buttons

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Nov 16 20:31:30 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> says:
> [A]fter reading that post, you have WAY more hassles with that setup
> than I did with LIRC.

Point taken. I've thought about trying out LIRC, but two hitches keep
coming up: 1) I'd have to buy an IR sensor. One is pretty cheap. 2)
The perpetual moans and groans on the list about LIRC issues. 3) The
real appeal of the transparency between keystrokes and remote-control
commands. That said, I really ought to try it one of these days.