[mythtv-users] MythArchive and MythCollection

tom roth rawdlite at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:46:14 UTC 2006

Thank you, Simon

MythCollection is not only good for your own browsing needs. I find it
rather helpfull when organising a video night with friends. They can access
my list online and then we decide.
I am already thinking of some kind of voting feature for the future.

Now about your question.
MythCollection gets triggerd by mythburn.py and uses mytharchivehelper but
is otherwise independent of the mythfrontend. I am sure a marketing
department would call this an Integration but it is nothing you can see in
the interface.
With MythWeb there is even less Integration it is an independent Web
Implementation based on the rails framework. It even brings its own
webserver so no need to mess with apache configuration files. While this has
many advantages for developers, when you place a link in MythWeb you will
hardly notice there are indpendent apps at work. For me it is more important
to have a solution that intgrates well with the workflow of the archiving
process.
Actualy with my friends visiting MythCollection i would not want them to be
able to start recordings or delete movies. Therefore i think the fact that
MythCollection is not integrated with MythWeb is an advantage. But this is
open to discussion.

I can put some Screenshots of MythCollection online if you are interested.
At the moment i am working on MythCover after that i have to have another go
at the html design. And then i will probably work on the webburn part of
MythCollection unless a mythwebburn based on MythWeb will show up.

I hope this answered your question.

regards tom