[mythtv-users] offloading recordings onto another machine

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 08:59:14 UTC 2006

> Thank you - I just tried it. My recording MPGs are all owned by root,
> because mythbackend runs as root. So it's normal to run the script as
> root? Do User Jobs run as root too?

On my recording directory I have it shared as an nfs export and I have
the folder owned by user root and group users.  The permissions allow
for the reading and writing by anyone in the group users.  This allows
me to read and write as from my normal user account.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org