[mythtv-users] Mythweb: Force recording on specific encoder?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Nov 16 08:31:28 UTC 2006

> Great. It never crossed my mind that this needed to be added for
> mythweb (doh).

Yeah, I had actually just asked about the feature because now that I
have 2 cable boxes, my wife often uses one to watch TV with and I wanted
to be able to make sure that shows I know she'll be watching will record
on the one she'd normally be watching them from (so it doesn't randomly
change channels in the middle of her show, which it had done in the past).

So..  good timing.  :)

> The trick is to provide a user readable list of input names. I used
> the same convention as the OSD messages when you change inputs; use
> the cardinput.displayname if present else <cardid>: <inputname> .

I got most of that in earlier, but have just added the cardid:inputname
stuff.  Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

-Chris