[mythtv-users] Nvidia GeForce and Mythtv

nik gibson nik.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 04:04:56 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm having spontaneous system freezes since installing an Nvidia GeForce
6200 into my mythtv box.  From the research I've done I think it could be a
couple of things:

I'm using the latest driver and some threads indicate older drivers may be
necessary for some cards.
Agpart is compiled into my kernel and nvidia recommends not enabling agpart.

Does anyone know of a driver version that is known to work with the Geforce
6200 card?
Do you have to compile a custom kernel without agpart enabled or is there
another way to ensure agpart doesn't load?

I've tested the driver with AGP disabled in my xorg.conf and I still get the
hard system freeze.  I'm going to post this on the nvidia site as well but
there are a ton of knowledgeable people on this list and I was hoping maybe
someone has a 6200 and knows what's needed.  One day maybe I'll have HD
working.

Thanks