[mythtv-users] some questions about uPnP

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Nov 15 22:18:55 UTC 2006

Ashley Bostock wrote:
> Why not just run myth on it? mythtv works on linux and mac, just not
> windows.

Because the Myth frontend is not very suitable for viewing on something
that's otherwise a desktop machine.  You can run it in a window,
granted, but you can't resize it, and the UI is intentionally
implemented without mouse support.  What I'd really like is something
that duplicates the viewing functionality of a frontend, but in a
windowed, desktop-friendly form.  Right now I'm just downloading the
files through MythWeb and viewing them with mplayer, but that's a bit
clumsy.