[mythtv-users] some questions about uPnP

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 19:38:03 UTC 2006

On 11/15/06, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
> >  Not directly no. Myth is just a upnp server. That being said you try using djmount (upnp client software for Linux) and  setup a mountpoint below whetever you have mythvideo pointed and play from there.
> >

>  I just tried this on my box and for some reason everytime MythVideo scans for files the mountpoint dies, no idea yet if it's something in my setup or what  :)

haha, thanks Greg.  I don't think I'll need to go this route, it was
just the curiousity in me talking.  I do currently store all my
videos, pictures, and music on my windows box and share that out via
SMB for my mythbox to use.  Works great that way and gives me more
space on the mythbox for actual recordings.

Thanks!
Matt