[mythtv-users] TV Series DVD's

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Nov 15 17:22:14 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 10:45:21AM -0500, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> Is there any easy way to import TV series DVD's into Myth in such a way
> as they are listed under TV, and not MythVideo?  Is it possible to
> replace OTA recordings that you may have with the DVD version as part of
> that import process?  Just importing into MythVideo doesn't (easily)
> give you any of the guide info for the episode, plus it isn't intuitive
> to go looking for TV shows in the area where movies and such are stored.

	I second the need for some sort of "unified view".

	This could be handy for movies as well as TV shows.

	A sort of TV DVD Ripper that integrated into MythTV would also
be nice. I currently have a somewhat suitable shell script to handle
the basic ripping but there's no hooks yet to import metadata for the
ripped programs into the database.

	It would also be nice to exclude episodes and movies that
already exist within ripped form in the MythVideo side of things.

	THE_MATRIX.iso -> Don't record The Matrix off of TV.

	In general, it would be good to have tools that allow for
easy integration of self-ripped DVD's with MythDVD & the Recordings
from MythTV.

	Something else that would be handy would be a First-Episode
& Next-Episode meta program entry for MythVideo that would allow
easy cycling through a particular series without needing to keep
track of the last show you watched.