[mythtv-users] strange lirc blaster problem

jeff news at propixs.com
Wed Nov 15 04:04:50 UTC 2006

At least I think its strange.  I have a diskless frontend/slave backend
gentoo system (100mb connection to the NAS) with a homemade serial
receiver/transmitter with a pvr250.  Using a script to change the
channel from the command line it works perfectly.  But when using the
tuner in myth very regularly it misses some of the commands (instead of
sending 2+4+enter the cable box will receive 4+enter or 2+enter etc)
either though myth calling the script or by me executing the script
while watching live tv.

Has anyone else seen anything like this, my only guess is that lirc is
so sensitive that the high network load is throwing off it's timing and
causing it to not send valid signals to the STB. My next try is going to
either get a gigbit card to see if that does it or put a disk in it to
see if that helps it.  But I would still be heavily using the network
since I want my recordings stored on the NAS so I'm wondering if I
should just break down and by a myblaster (or something else if someone
found something better).

Thanks
Jeff