[mythtv-users] Cheapest Silent HDTV Myth Frontened

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Nov 14 23:01:40 UTC 2006

>I've been successfully using IOData AveL LinkPlayer2 (LP2) as my HDTV
frontend for
>over 1 1/2 yr. LP2 has some quirks based on the firmware version its
running. It
>streams the HD recorded shows from my myth backend using wizd (uPNP
server). I'm
>still running 0.18-1 myth so not using the new uPnP server facility builtin
the myth.
>Also myth uPnP doesn't have liveTV support yet, so I dont really have to
switch to
>0.20. Once liveTV support is added in uPnP, I'll switch to latest myth.
Though, right
>now, I've hacked the wizd server source code to show liveTV, change
channels, etc on
>the LP2, but I dont really see much liveTV at the moment.

Another top-poster asks about the ProHD w/0.20...

I tried my LP2 with 0.20's uPnP and it seemed to work ok, but since the LP2
sits on top of the mythbox I am not that interested in using the uPnP
interface when I could be using mythtv's. The LP2's
HD-upconvert-over-component functionality (though not with latest firmware
update!), on the other hand, is why I am not that interested in mythdvd or
fixing my 5.1 passthrough.