[mythtv-users] cannot open /dev/video0

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Nov 14 21:11:13 UTC 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 1:46 PM, Abigail Smith wrote:

> Yes the files are there but no the files are not being loaded.  No
> clue why.
>
> dmesg | grep v4  yields >> ivtv0: unable to open firmware v4l-
> cx2341x-enc.fw
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

OK, taking a couple of steps back here:

Is this an absolutely "from scratch" KnoppMyth installation,or was it
an existing Knoppix install you are trying to get KnoppMyth to run on
top of.

It's beginning to sound like you do not have a real "from the
beginning" KonppMyth install, because, while they can have problems,
they normally at least can access the capture cards. You may have
files hanging around that are not compatible with KnoppMyth and
didn't get deleted/overwritten by your installation.

If you haven't already, I would try starting from an absolutely blank
hard drive and installing KnoppMyth from total scratch.