[mythtv-users] converting mythconverg database - do I need to do it ???

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 19:21:53 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 Nov 2006 17:19, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/14/2006 12:04 PM, Stephen Kitchener wrote:
> > I have moved a database, ie the files under /var/lib/mysql/ from a
> > running .19 to a running .20 system, and while it is working and I can
> > see all my previous recording and it appears to be scheduling correctly,
> > I am concerned to know if there is anything that I need to have
> > completed.
> >
> > The old system was on Fedora 4 and was using .19 and the new system is on
> > Fedora 5 and using .20.  The other differences are the version of mysql
> > has gone from 4 to 5 on fedora 5.
> >
> > Do I still need to convert my database, is there a way to test to see if
> > it has been converted, ie via mysql for instance, extra fields in the
> > records perhaps ??
>
> I'll leave the whole MySQL data files part alone.  As for the MythTV
> database, upon starting mythtv-setup, mythbackend, or mythfrontend, a
> database upgrade is performed automatically when necessary.  To prove to
> yourself that it worked, you should see something like:
>
> 2006-11-03 16:21:47.360 Current Schema Version: xxxx
>
> in the log output upon starting one of these programs.  As long as you
> don't see something about a failed DB upgrade along with it, you're good
> to go.  In the logs from the first time you started after the upgrade,
> you'd see something about "upgrading schema", too.

I have to say that I only moved the mythconverg part of mysql, should I have
moved mysql as well, ie the files under /var/lib/mysql/ ??

I do have some errors in the mysql.log such as

DB Error (ProgramList::FromProgram):
Query was:
SELECT DISTINCT program.chanid, program.starttime, program.endtime,
program.title, program.subtitle, program.description,     program.category,
channel.channum, channel.callsign,     channel.name, program.previouslyshown,
channel.commfree,     channel.outputfilters, program.seriesid,
program.programid,     program.airdate, program.stars,
program.originalairdate,     program.category_type, oldrecstatus.recordid,
oldrecstatus.rectype, oldrecstatus.recstatus,     oldrecstatus.findid FROM
program LEFT JOIN channel ON program.chanid = channel.chanid LEFT JOIN
oldrecorded AS oldrecstatus ON     program.title = oldrecstatus.title AND
channel.callsign = oldrecstatus.station AND     program.starttime =
oldrecstatus.starttime WHERE program.chanid = '1000'   AND program.starttime
< '2006-11-14T14:25:50'   AND program.endtime > '2006-11-14T14:25:50'  GROUP
BY program.starttime, channel.channum,   channel.callsign, program.title
ORDER BY program.starttime, atsc_major_chan,atsc_minor_chan,channum,callsign
LIMIT 1000
Driver error was [2/1194]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Table 'program' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

This last line looks significant...

> Mike

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0.
Empty set (0.00sec)