[mythtv-users] converting mythconverg database - do I need to do it ???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 14 17:19:16 UTC 2006

On 11/14/2006 12:04 PM, Stephen Kitchener wrote:
> I have moved a database, ie the files under /var/lib/mysql/ from a running .19
> to a running .20 system, and while it is working and I can see all my
> previous recording and it appears to be scheduling correctly, I am concerned
> to know if there is anything that I need to have completed.
>
> The old system was on Fedora 4 and was using .19 and the new system is on
> Fedora 5 and using .20.  The other differences are the version of mysql has
> gone from 4 to 5 on fedora 5.
>
> Do I still need to convert my database, is there a way to test to see if it
> has been converted, ie via mysql for instance, extra fields in the records
> perhaps ??

I'll leave the whole MySQL data files part alone.  As for the MythTV
database, upon starting mythtv-setup, mythbackend, or mythfrontend, a
database upgrade is performed automatically when necessary.  To prove to
yourself that it worked, you should see something like:

2006-11-03 16:21:47.360 Current Schema Version: xxxx

in the log output upon starting one of these programs.  As long as you
don't see something about a failed DB upgrade along with it, you're good
to go.  In the logs from the first time you started after the upgrade,
you'd see something about "upgrading schema", too.

Mike