[mythtv-users] CableCard???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Nov 14 16:22:16 UTC 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Craig Partin wrote:

> In this case, Microsoft is our friend.  They want to be in the living
> room badly.  They will work out a deal with the content providers the
> get decryption in the media center PCs.  Someone will find a way to
> make this work in Linux.

Wow! "Microsoft" and "friend" in the same sentence :-)

So far the Microsoft DRM schemes are so loaded with restrictions as
to render them pretty useless. Things like programs expiring after a
week are a real pain. I don't blame MS totally thougn, they are just
doing what they have to do to appease the content owners.

I'm sure somebody will "find a way to make this work in Linux", but
whether it will be legal in the USA or not is another question.

But, as has been pointed out, all this precious "content" is mainly
crap. I find more of interest to watch on things like the History
Channel than on HBO, Showtime and TMC combined.