[mythtv-users] Video card recommendations?

Trampas tstern at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 13 22:41:42 UTC 2006

For further information the system is:
FC6 on a e-machines box that was lying around.

256MB ram
Nforce 2 mother board
DDR333 memory
PVR150 MCE
160GB and 80GB IDE drives
DVD +/-RW
AGP 5200 Nvidia card (optional as MB had video as well)

I configured the bios such that serial and parallel ports are off, to gain
more IRQs. PNP OS setting in bios is off as well.

I ran the Nvidia shell script which compiled new driver for kernel, tried
with AGP card and with out and neither worked.

When I do lspci it shows the video card to have IRQ=206 thus I figure
something is not right.

I was thinking about just getting a real motherboard and trying again. I
have also noticed that PVR150 did not seem to come back into system after
reboot, that is no /dev/video0.

I have also been working on the mediaMVP and almost have it figured out.
What I am finding is that you have to install the OS hack, install, hack,
install, hack until everything is working. Then reinstall to remove the
hacks that were not needed. The first install of FC6 I did not have
partitions correct. Now I have just installed a huge amount of packages
which may not be needed. So it may be time for reinstall, but I would like
to figure out the video card first.

Trampas