[mythtv-users] Mangled screen video with Live TV or recorded programs

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Sun Nov 12 00:54:28 UTC 2006

>>>>> "me" == Roland Roberts <roland at astrofoto.org> writes:

    me> A couple of weeks ago, I started experiencing "mangled" video in
    me> some recordings.  I'm running on FC5 with the atrpms.  I think
    me> I've tracked this to updating to the mythtv 0.20-143 rpm which I
    me> did on October 29.  Recordings before that date have no trouble,
    me> *some* afterwards do.  I was also able to confirm that the
    me> problem happens with LiveTV but does not appear on the "real" TV
    me> hooked up to the same antenna/cable.

    me> The mangling is intermittent.  I'll watch fine for several
    me> minutes, then the frame gets mildly jumbled, then it goes back
    me> to normal.  I could probably provide a suitably downsampled copy
    me> of a few seconds worth of video to anyone who wants to see the
    me> effect.

Hmmm, after one upgrade, I had to go through and reconfigure my backend.
I'm not 100% sure I've got the same settings.  Anyone know if the VBI
setting can cause problems here?  The broadcast is NTSC, and the setting
is NTSC Closed Caption, but I'm wondering if I sould set it to None....
I'm going to give it a try....

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD