[mythtv-users] New lirc client for sending XTest events: irxkeys

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 23:23:35 UTC 2006

Well, I'm not sure if this'll be of any use to anyone else, but I figured
I'd let people known about a little tool I wrote for sending XTest key
events to an X server in response to IR events from lircd.

Recently, I played with using a combination of irexec and xmacro for
controlling things like zsnes (which doesn't work with irxevent), but the
idea of running xmacro on every key press seemed a little silly, so I rolled
together a simple application which combines the functionality of those two
apps into a single program.  The result is irxkeys, which you can find here:

http://frodo.dyn.gno.org/~brettk/irxkeys

It's incredibly simple, there's no fancy config subsystem or build script or
anything... it just barely does the job.  But, hey, it wfm, so I figured,
why not share? :)

Incidentally, I did a cursory look to see if there was anything else out
there that does the same job, but I didn't spot anything.  Hopefully I
didn't duplicate work, here...

Brett.