[mythtv-users] Compilation problem on amd64 debian etch

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 11 21:29:08 UTC 2006

.
>> In file included from ttfont.h:4,
>>                 from osdlistbtntype.h:38,
>>                 from tv_play.cpp:19:
>> /usr/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such file
> After manually editing Makefile to add -I/usr/include/freetype2 to the
> compiler include list things compiled.
>
> There is probably a patch lurking here, but i have not the skill to make it.

Does your system, by any chance, have freetype1 and freetype2 installed
such that the freetype2 script "freetype-config" was changed to
"freetype2-config" and "freetype-config" returns information for
freetype1 or something crazy like that?  If not, it sounds like your
freetype-config script is broken (i.e. "freetype-config --cflags"
returns incorrect information).

Mike