[mythtv-users] MythDVD segfaults (UPDATE)

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sat Nov 11 19:02:45 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Following from my previous emails, but will describe the problem again.

Had problems with DVD playback, was a permission problem.  Fixed that.
Had another problem, but it was the DeCSS libraries not being installed
properly - fixed that too.  Xine now plays the DVD perfectly fine.  Now
when using MythTV, I start the DVD playback, I see the copyright notice
with the heading "UK and Ireland" perfect, then when it tries to go to
the next track, I get a "Failed to reinit video" message and it then
segfaults.

I've run the frontend with verbose logging piped to a file called
"log_3".  Below is the output from the frontend that didn't get stored
in the log.

piers at hinata:~$ mythfrontend -v all > log_3
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory
lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
mount: /dev/hdb already mounted or /misc/cd busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/hdb is already mounted on /misc/cd
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.5 for DVD access
libdvdread: Attempting to use device /dev/hdb mounted on /misc/cd for
CSS authentication
libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at 0x0000016c
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x0000b97f
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x0037957b
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB at 0x003795f4
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 3 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
Input #0, mpeg, from '//misc/cd':
   Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
   Stream #0.0[0x1e0], 1/90000: Video: mpeg2video, 720x576, 1/25, 9800
kb/s, 25.00 fps(c)
Segmentation fault
piers at hinata:~$

log_3 can be found here:

http://www.biased.org/logs/log_3

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix this problem please?

It might be worth for me to note that I get a "Failed to reinit video"
error when trying to watch Live TV but it doesn't segfault, but goes
back to the main menu.  I have no problem watching recorded programmes.

Thanks very much to all for your help in advance.

Regards - Piers