[mythtv-users] various issues with setup

malcolm torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 22:37:59 UTC 2006

I have an ATI 9600 running via the sVideo out to a TV using the
proprietary drivers on fc5. It doesn't crash when I boot with the
monitor off. It does however mess up the desktop resolution.
So I cant say this issue is completely resolved, but I think its
something to do with xorg.conf setup but i need to look into it
further. You might try posting your xorg.conf here.
The only tips I can give is to make sure you are running with the card
set to run in clone mode and to have the monitor on whilst you login.
Oh yeah and of course ATI cards are not the best graphics card as they
don't support Xvmc. so live encoding/decode may be an issue too. see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC

Mal